Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Palouse Swirlpool

The Palouse Swirlpool by pdxsafariguy
The Palouse Swirlpool, a photo by pdxsafariguy on Flickr.

July 5th, 2011

TIED FOR SECOND PLACE

Congrats on tying for 2nd place in the weekly photo contest with this stunning photo pdxsafariguy :-)

Via Flickr:
This uber-cool view is commonly seen and an obvious choice for this location. A little too wide for my wide angle lens; an extra mm or two would have been nice as 12mm wasn't enough.

I had a bit of a trade-off to make here. I would have liked to show the violent nature of the falls themselves with all of that water churning over the brink, but at the same time, get the swirlie pool of water below. In the end I went for the swirlie pool using a 64x (6-stop) ND filter.

This is a copyrighted image with all rights reserved. Please don't use
this image on websites, blogs, facebook, or other media without my
explicit permission.

© Tom Schwabel, All rights reserved