Friday, September 16, 2011

Descend

Descend by benjeev
Descend, a photo by benjeev on Flickr.

September 8th, 2011

SECOND PLACE

Congrats on being voted 2nd place in the weekly photo contest with this fabulous photo benjeev :-)



Via Flickr:
Malta is so hot.

I don't think I've ever been in such stifling heat before! Walking around anytime between 10am and 4pm was out of the question unfortunately due to the heat so I wasn't able to scope out the place as much as I'd like.

It's a rather surreal place. A tiny island smack in the middle of the Mediterranean. Most people there spoke Italian and Malti but there are still signs of British rule everywhere: people drive on the left side of the road, there are places called Clapham Junction and Victoria and even the beer is sold in pints.

I saw only wisps of clouds in the 5 days we were there. The rest of the time, the sky was completely clear and sunny. It's a very dry, very rocky island - brilliant for long exposures! The coast is peppered with these ladders that help you into the water off the rocks, which is great since they make such intriguing subjects.

I'm a little gutted I didn't manage to shoot as much as I'd like but I'm glad to be back. Hope you've all had a great weekend.

View on black

500px | Twitter