Friday, October 07, 2011

30 St Mary Axe

30 St Mary Axe by benjeev
30 St Mary Axe, a photo by benjeev on Flickr.

September 30th, 2011

3- WAY TIE FOR FIRST PLACE

Congrats on being voted 1st place in a 3-way tie in the weekly photo contest with this amazing photo benjeev :-)

Via Flickr:
I had a bit of a walkabout in London yesterday and finally managed to take a shot of the Gherkin that was worthy enough to post. I find it such a difficult structure to shoot. The way it's positioned makes it difficult to isolate. I was trying not to shoot it in the symmetrical straight up manner as well but it's tough finding a fresh viewpoint on it, I guess because of the way it's shaped. Hopefully I've managed to give a unique spin to it.

This is the 3rd or 4th time now that I've headed to London to shoot this and it's the only time the weather has played nice and I've come away with a decent image. It can be so frustrating when you put in so much time and come away with nothing and yet, so satisfying when things come together just right. The ups and downs of photography - check out Andy Brown's entertaining post on this very topic.

Here's to a good week ahead.

View on black

500px | Twitter